Sunday, May 15, 2011

Awesome Vietnamese Food at Joyeux Cafe

Im a huge fan of Vietnamese food, especially Pho which is a brothy, usually beef soup with rice noodles. Ever since moving downtown, my Pho consumption went on the decline lol...I suddenly stopped going to my old favorite spot called Pho Tam, in Surrey because it was too far.

Eventually after a few disappointing visits to other so called Vietnamase restaurants in the downtown area, I came across Joyeux Cafe. Well it's no wonder I've never been there for Viet food, the name sounds more like a French Cafe! The menu will truly surprise you with its eclectic range of choices. There's almost something for everyone. Western breakfasts are served along with fresh fruit juices blended right from their fruit bar. The long list of Vietnamese dishes is great. They've got different kinds of Pho, Vermicelli and Grilled Meat dishes, Spring Rolls, Salad Rolls and more. They also serve Spicy Crispy Wings and ones with Tamarin sauce as well as unexpected dishes like fish and chips! I haven't yet ventured into their non-Vietnamese foods yet. I'm sure I will be a regular there though since I'm so stoked to find a great Vietnamese Soup place. They come few and far between in the downtown core! I'm glad I don't have to commute to Kingsway to get a good bowl of Pho anymore.


I tried their Shrimp Wonton with Egg Noodle Soup. Delicious! Perfect for the cold May days, especially on the day I went. The broth is full of flavour and the wontons are wrapped with big pieces of shrimps. I also got their iced drip coffee with condensed milk which was very tasty.



Another dish of theirs that's really great is the Vermicelli with Grilled Lemon Grass Pork (see image below). It's super fresh and tastes amazing. The price range is good, coming in at about $8- $10 per dish. The service is also great, servers are polite and quick. I definitely recommend this place to the Vietnamese Food lover. Oh and by the way, they deliver! How dangerous...


551 Howe St, Vancouver BC
(604)-681-9168
www.joyeaux-cafe-restaurant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment