Tuesday, April 12, 2011

And it begins! The tiniest gem in Montreal...



So, I just got back from Montreal not too long ago. My sister who is an equally food obsessed hunter for the most unique and delicious culinary experiences, brought me to this lil joint on famous St-Catherine's street called Kazu. (What can I say, like sister like sister!) It's an authentic, Izakaya, fusion restaurant that serves amazing Japanese food! Oh and it's Japanese owned...I always say you can't call it authentic if the owner/chef is not the of the same culture of the food served. Just my opinion.

Anyway, the food is friggin' delish. I had the beef carpacio sliced ever so thinly that it soaks up the savoury sauce drizzled over it in a matter of seconds. Sooo yum. Melt in your mouth good. Okay you get the point. If you get a chance, go there, but you have been warned: GO EARLY. Or risk waiting outside for a looong time my friend. You don't wanna be that guy that looks through the window in severe food envy. Ugh i hate those guys! It's like let me eat in peace, and stop gawking at me like you haven't eaten for a week please, okay thanks. This place, no word of a lie is like the size of my bathroom. Hope you dont mind a little bump here and there. They got their menus items written out by hand with crayola markers pinned right on the wall--all over the wall. Other dishes we ate were the Gyoza and Salmon Sashimi Salad just to name a few. It's always packed so they're doing somethin special to that food where people are still willing to wait for hours, get bumped into every 5 minutes and pay a more than decent price to eat their small but taste tantalizing dishes.



No comments:

Post a Comment