Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Seafood for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner please!

If not one way, it's another! It seems I always find a way to incorporate seafood into my daily diet. And who says you can't? It's so good and for the most part not bad for your health. There's endless ways I can think of to eat seafood. Fried, steamed, boiled, pan seared, BBQ'd...oh man, I sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump. He knew what he was talkin' about though!

Breakfast of Champs:
Dungeoness Crab English Muffin with Hollandaise Sauce
Where: 13 Coins - Seattle, Washington
This breakfast was delicious, rich with the creamy hollandaise sauce over the flaky, moist crab. Good stuff.




Gourmet Seafood Lunch in a Food Court? Yup.
Where: Place Montreal Trust Mall Food Court, I believe is whats it's called. I don't remember the name of this hidden gourmet Italian place tucked away and hidden among the common, cheap food court franchises. When I find the name I will re-post. This Paella is served on a posh square platter as if you were in a real restaurant. It's loaded with calamari, clams and big prawns you just wouldn't expect to get in a food court. The rice is done perfectly, moist and very flavorful.




Crab Dinner Made at Home:
When you crave a specific dish moms used to make, you won't find it anywhere. You just gotta make it yourself. That's just what happened last week when the usual sudden craving of seafood hit me after a long day at work. Good thing I live above an Asian market with a good seafood selection! So I went and bought one of these suckers and had it cut to about 6 pieces. Dusted it with rice flour and deep fried it. Then made a cream sauce by mixing a few teaspoons of Knorr wonton mix in a wok with 10% cream, added garlic, ginger slices and scallions. Ta-da!! Coat the fried crab with the sauce and book off the next hour! You will be licking your fingers til its all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment