Thursday, April 21, 2011

Gastown's Terra Cotta Modern Chinese Restaurant

If you love Chinese food, there's a restaurant called Terra Cotta in Gastown that serves "modern chinese" cuisine.


Food is amazing, service is even better. I ordered the Shanghai Noodles, Buddha Rolls which is a crispy bean curd roll with 4 kinds of mushrooms (very tasty), also ordered the BBQ Duck wraps. I saw these wraps featured on the Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" and never thought I'd be able to find anything close to that here in Canada...but I did at this awesome little place that my girlfriend introduced me to.


(Above) Shanghai Noodles


(Above) Mushroom Buddha Rolls (Great pick for vegetarians, I'm very much a carnivore but this still beats any sort of rolls I've had)

(Below) The BBQ Duck Wraps are delicious! The duck is tender and juicy, there's green onions and cucumbers inside. It goes well with the sweet Hoisin sauce. Perfect combo.


The service is on point, the waitress is very friendly and makes sure you always have everything you need. I met the owner, Eric Low, who clearly knows what hospitality is all about. Plus, I love the little chinese food take out boxes they use for the take home portions!

www.terracottavancouver.com

No comments:

Post a Comment