Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kickin' Off The Day Right!

Good Morning Lovelies...I woke up with an unbelievable hunger this morning. Almost felt like I hadn't ate last night for dinner! I could have been thrifty and baked the thick cut bacon in the fridge, made my usual over easy eggs and all that jazz but....nah!! I live near so many quirky food gems, I decided to pay a visit to one of my favorites literally next door to my place. It's called Medina's.


Got me the "La Santé" platter for breakfast...which translates to "Health". Look at it. Isn't it just divine? It tastes as good as it looks. The platter consists of a perfectly medium well done hard boiled organic egg with a teeny pile of sea salt and pepper, 4 slices of grilled croutons/mini baguette with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, a creamy black olive and tomato paste with basil (which goes with the croutons), smoked prosciutto and 2 quarters of ripe avocado tossed in a salt and pepper vinagrette. A perfect polygamy marriage of food ;) This can be easily duplicated for an impressive breakfast you can entertain your guests with. Very European, very chic, clean and yummm.



Okay, enough with the healthy part of breakfast. Check this out: The small, but very perfect Medina Waffle. It's lightly crunchy on the outside but fluffy and moist inside. Great when paired with their freshly brewed Americano. Delicious.



If you appreciate charming and methodically thought out ambiances while you dine like I do, this place is just that. They even have a cooking school right down the street called The Dirty Apron. I pass by it frequently and its whimsical name and look always peaks my interest. I will have to check it out sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment