Saturday, April 16, 2011

Taco Bell Who? Try La Taquiera Pinche Taco Shop...


Have you guys seen the latest Taco Bell commercial on TV? It's their rebuttal to the recent public discovery that we haven't ever really been buying real beef when ordering their tacos but rather a substitute called "Taco Meat Filling". Mmmmm. How delicious does that sound? After reading about their "beef" actually having just 35 percent beef, with the remaining 65 percent containing water, wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent and corn starch, I immediately stopped going to any fake Mexican, North Americanized fast food chains and that included Taco Time.

Now their commercial just sort of creep me out. They're trying to lure people with the free tacos! While I'm sure alot of people don't care and will still go and get free tacos, I think i'm gonna stay away from that for a awhile!

Anyway, so I recently I had a craving for some real Mexican food. That's when my fiancé introduced me to this Taco place called La Taquiera Pinche Taco Shop.


Located on 322 W Hastings in downtown Vancouver, this little shop's got alot of swagger. The front is graced by Our Lady of Guadalupe painted tattoo style. The first thing you notice about this place is that it's small but really busy, we lined up right at the door. The menu gives you an extensive range of choice for different tacos. There's chicken, beef, pork and even fish. I went with the weirdest thing on the menu because that's what I always do. I ordered De Lengua (which is braised pemberton meadows beef tongue). No really, it's so good! Other 2 tacos I ate were Carnitas (Pork confit with pickled red onion)and Asada (grilled AAA flank beef with cucumber).


Omg, so good. These tacos are legit. The soft corn tortillas were awesome. The real meat filling was even better! They add this cilantro lime and onion salsa on the meat and have this tomatillo salsa verde sauce (green chilli salsa is what I think it is) you can put on yourself. This place was inspired by authentic Taco Shops in Mexico. They just opened in 2009 but business is looking good for these guys. Thanks to the best tacos you can find in Vancouver. Why in the world eat mysterious meat tacos, when you can get the real deal Holyfield right at La Taquiera Pinche Taco Shop. It's 9.50 for 4 tacos. Not bad I say.

www.lataqueria.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment